Minimum Labour Standards Policy
As a business, Movemybooks (Ledgerscope Services Ltd) is committed to compliance with all relevant UK labour laws and regulations.
Our Minimum Labour Standards Policy aims to ensure that:
- We provide a Written Statement (of employment particulars) and an Employee Handbook in a language that workers can understand
- Salary and holiday entitlements are clearly shown in the Written Statement
- Each worker has easy access to their Written Statement, the Employee Handbook and all payroll documents, including payslips
- We pay at least the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage to all our workers
- We respect the right of our workers to work no more than 48 hours per week
- Our workers have adequate rest breaks during and between their work periods
- We offer flexible working arrangements to our workers, where possible and reasonable, to accommodate their personal and family needs
- We provide paid annual leave to our workers, in excess of the statutory minimum
- We support our workers’ health and well-being and provide sick pay to those who are unable to work due to illness or injury, support returning to work, promote health and safety at work, facilitate rehabilitation and make reasonable adjustments for workers with disabilities or long-term health conditions
- We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace, and do not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation based on characteristics such as age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
- We have an equal opportunities policy that sets out our commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment for all our workers and job applicants, as well as a grievance procedure that enables our workers to raise any concerns or complaints about their employment without fear of reprisal
This policy applies to all our workers, regardless of their contract type or status.
We expect all our workers to adhere to this policy and uphold our standards of conduct and performance at work. Any breach of this policy by a worker may result in disciplinary action, up to and including their dismissal.
This policy is reviewed regularly and whenever there are significant changes in legislation or business needs.