Data Ethics Policy
As a business, Movemybooks (Ledgerscope Services Ltd) is committed to using data ethically and responsibly in our work.
We adhere to the principles of data ethics as set out by the UK Statistics Authority and the Data Ethics Framework published by the Central Digital and Data Office. We also comply with the relevant legislation, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Our Data Ethics Policy aims to ensure that:
- We respect the rights and interests of the individuals whose data we process
- We only access, process, use and store data for legitimate and lawful purposes
- Our team do not view data being processed except in limited, necessary circumstances
- We protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data we process
- We minimise the amount and sensitivity of the data we process
- We delete the data we process as soon as possible after the completion of the service
- We conduct periodic reviews of our data practices
- We seek independent ethics advice and scrutiny when necessary
We value your trust and confidence in our services and will never knowingly do anything with data that might place that trust at risk.